Saturday, June 8, 2013

Why Has America Dropped to 32nd in Mathematics?

In school for the last four months, we have been doing a project where we find a contemporary issue in America or in the world, and figure out how to fix it through research, conducting an interview, and putting together a research paper, promotional piece, and presentation. My two friends and I decided to do ours on the issue of America having dropped to 32nd in mathematics in comparison to other countries in the world. Watch this video we made to see a general overview of the issue:


I also strongly encourage looking at the following website, which gives a fantastic visual overview of some of the facts and statistics of the issue of our mathematics drop. Click here to view it.

I'm not going to go into detail about the solutions we talked about, but I linked to our research paper at the top of the page. It is pretty long, but it goes through all of the things we could find to fix the problem. I think it is worth skimming.

Our group will be doing our presentation on Monday. I am also giving two TEDx talks over the summer about this issue. I will post links to them once I have done them.

No comments:

Post a Comment